Sunday, July 20, 2008

ready to come home

sooo i cant help but be ready to come home.

we had a weekend excursion to madrid to this weekend, and it was a TON of fun.

but as i was alone in my hotel room last night while everyone was out at a "famous club", i couldnt help but feel worn down by the routine. of always spending nights alone because everyone else is out partying.

i am trying to contain my excitement about the plan ride next saturday. i have an extremely busy week with school, but it will be worth it when im flying back over the atlantic.

i honestly think i might collapse when i get into the dallas airport. collapse out of weakness, tiredness, and joy. i know im going to be SLAMMED with a wave of varying emotions.

the Lord is so good though. He reminded me today that im still here, still serving him in Spain.

A girl named Hannah came and sat next to me on the bus today because the AC went out in the back of the bus, where she was sitting.

And we started talking about Jesus :) she said she has heard me talk about my relationship with Jesus and my small group (hope group) and my church. and she asked questions. and said she has felt like she needed to talk to someone with a strong faith, because she doesnt think she is a Christian. she said she wants to be, but doesnt know if she is or can be. if she really believes. and she wanted to talk to me and get advice and just listen to what i had to say.

and it was really cool. and i just talked about how i was save and how my life was before and the void i had inside me. and she said she feels not complete sometimes, and had never even thought that it could be because she doesnt have God.

it was beautiful. but also challenging for me. she asked some questions that i stumbled through. like "how come CHRISTIANS are right, and not other religions?" and all i could say was that because Jesus says the only way to get to the father is through Him.
its hard to think objectively and answer objectively when you are so biased.

please be praying for her. The Lord is pursuing her heart, and she knows it.
I needed that reminder that I cant completely check out yet. that there is still work here to do. Her decision to sit with me blessed both of us.

please be praying for this last week. i have a 2000 word paper in spanish due thursday, a final, and an oral presentation tomorrow, and im STILL sick.
and i just really want to talk to Brian. it was really hard in Madrid. everything made me think of him. It took every last strength I had not to pick up the hotel phone and call him...

No comments: