Friday, July 25, 2008

mama im coming home!

my bag is packed...

my outfit is all laid out for tomorrow morning.

in 5 1/2 hours I will be waking up to shower and head to the airport, where I will board a plane, destination USA. In less than 48 hours, I will be at home in Waco, for the first time in 2 1/2 months.

I am not sure what I am thinking right now. We spent the day at the beach, and I didn't really think too too much about heading home. But when I was walking to my apartment at about 8, I realized that it was the last time I would be walking those streets, perhaps for the rest of my life.

that is a very weird thought.

my summer adventures will officially be over tomorrow. This once in a lifetime opportunity will have come and passed. And life will go on.

But never the same. The Lord has changed me, refined me, reshaped me, and grown me is so many beautifully ways this summer. I am not the same girl that left Texas may 12th.

My eyes have been open to so much more this summer. My walk with Him has grown so much deeper. And I have fallen so much more in love with my Savior and Lord.

Life will not be the same when I get home.

Please be praying for the changes that I will be going through. Changes in so many areas. I am moving out of my beautiful house into a new one, with new roomies. Relationships in my life will have changed, and will be changing. I will undoubtedly go through culture shock, and probably greatly dislike America for at least a few days :) And I will miss Europe like crazy.

I'm coming home. finally.

No comments: