Sunday, May 11, 2008

Viva Espana!!!

So it's Sunday night (well, really monday morning) and in 5 hours I am waking up to embark on a HUGE adventure! I leave tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. and will return at the verrrrrrrrry end of july. and it's still so surreal. I don't even feel like I'm leaving yet.

Our God is SOOOOO good. Emily and I were talking about it the other day...
sidenote: I really think the only reason I felt led to join ASC last year was to meet that girl, to be friends with her. She is most dear to me, and she has shared so much of herself with me. I don't know what my life would look like without her presence in it. Emily, if you're reading this, I love you :)

ok back to our convo- the Lord is so good! If I was taking the exact same trip LAST summer, I would be an emotional wreck. Seriously. I would already have been mourning on the couch for a week now. no eating, no sleeping, just crying.
but, it's not last summer, it's this summer. And i am eating. and sleeping. and the tears haven't escalated to a flood yet. I just feel so at peace- yes, I have fears. yes, I have worries. but even though I can feel those things just below the surface, they really aren't affecting me. I am just REJOICING that God only gives me as much sadness as I can handle. It's so beautiful. Yes I am sad, but I know that His plans for my summer are GOOD. (we will see if I can say the same after I'm on the other side :) ) and I can't wait to see where He leads me.

I need to hit the pillow....

more to come from the Road of Santiago!

No comments: