Friday, July 11, 2008

I really had to battle with my thoughts this evening. I have been gone officially 2 months, and my body and mind are in shut down mode major tonight. It's like everything about me is screaming "THAT'S ENOUGH! it's time to go home!!!!"
I never thought I would desire to be in College Station so badly.

correction. it's not the physical city I desperately desire (though I'll admit, it's so familiar, which is so appealing to me right now), but rather it's the people. The people I love. The people that know me. The people that love and know Jesus.

I still have 2 weeks left. And I know I have to be joyful and embrace them with prayer and open arms. It's just hard tonight for some reason. I just want to hear a familiar voice, see a familiar face.

i want my bed. i want my bath. I WANT MY BAGELS.

for anyone who knows me real well, you know how much my bagels mean to me :) This is like a giant fast or sabbatical from bagels!
I start off every morning with the 3 B's... (in this order)
1. Bagel
2. Bible
3. Bath
(And then I usually throw in a number 4, Brian, cuz I head up to school to meet him before classes.)

I had a wonderful day in the Word. It was just so enriching, so satisfying

and maybe it's because I just want to sit down and talk about Jesus with someone. Someone who loves him too. I just want to talk about (face-to-face) what the Lord is showing me and how he is refining me.

Tonight was uber-hard. Please pray for strength for me over these next 2 weeks. That I wont mentally check-out of here. That I will wait on the Lord, seek satisfaction and peace in Him...

1 comment:

emily said...

praying for you--can't wait to talk again :)

--em